Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Veteran's Day/Thanksgiving

Veteran's Day: Assembly at Lizzie's school. They asked us to wear red, white, and/or blue, but Lizzie absolutely insisted that "girls wear red and boys wear blue." So we all dressed appropriately.
The assembly was fun. It was so much like when I was a kid. All the children sat on the floor and I remembered most of the words to the Marine Corps song that I also sang in elementary school. Unlike when I was in school, most of the sixth grade girls were over weight. So sad. It makes me nervous for my kids. On a positive note, Lainey is not deaf like we thought. She startled every time the crowd applauded. Hurray!
Thanksgiving: Shortly after the assembly I went to the Thanksgiving lunch at Lizzie's school which just meant that the school lunch was turkey, stuffing, potatoes, and pie. Lizzie and I didn't have the traditional meal. Liz brought her lunch and I didn't buy anything--it was 10:20 a.m. after all. Still, it was really fun and I especially loved the headdresses and pilgrim hats. Too cute.
And for all moms who didn't come to Monday playgroup yesterday, you really missed out. Hidden Pond was loads of fun.

No comments:

Contributors