Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Back in the swing of things (I think)

I'm back in the swing of things (I think). Last week I went to SC for a almost-last-minute, long, enjoyable weekend (and an equally long round trip). While there:

I worked on quilts with my mom. She did the sewing. I ironed, arranged, and handed her things. I also brought back some squares of material that she doesn't like so I can practice sewing.We celebrated Dad's birthday. My brother, Scott, and I took Dad out for sushi while Mom helped the girls make a yummy cake.
We spent most of our time at home because the girls played well together and Nana's stash of toys and Papa's pool kept them pretty busy. One day, however, we made it to the local bounce house.


And, as usual, we played in the pool. Lizzie came up with a game called "pull the girl" which basically consisted of being dragged across the pool while holding (or being tied to) the garden hose.
Now that we are back we are adjusting to our summer school schedule (started Monday) and I'm trying to give Lainey lots of tummy time so she'll finally learn to crawl.
.
I'm also still trying to do some sort of art or craft project with Lizzie daily. This week we've tried scribble art, painting with dyed ice cubes, cutting pictures from magazines (for collages I hope), and a color scavenger hunt. Oh, and this afternoon I helped Liz draw on herself with a pen. Some of our art experiences are better than others. . . .

3 comments:

Julie Broadbent said...

You helped her draw on herself? You are a great mom!

Jill said...

Well, she drew all over her legs before I noticed what she was doing so then I offered to do some on her arms. Drew didn't think it was too cool.

Ryann said...

Last week I was watching some kids and desperately needed an activity. Then I read your blog and the next thing we did was marshmallow buildings! You saved my sanity!

Contributors