Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Part I

We went to Pennsylvania to stay with my brother and celebrate the holiday with his family.  Dinner was delicious (though as usual my kids filled up on rolls) and the company was fabulous, as always.
 This weird fake smile is a recent development.  Ugh.

Somehow this is the only picture I got of Willa and Lainey.  Oh well, better luck next time.

 We spent Black Friday at Longwood Gardens.  It was crowded, but very nice, and really the weather couldn't have been better.  We enjoyed seeing the trains, fountain show, decorated trees, gingerbread replicas of Longwood buildings, various tree houses, and traditional Christmas plants.



 I loved seeing all the Christmas decor made of plant material.
Liz and Iris
 The kids were upset that we wouldn't let them go to the indoor children's garden (because we didn't want to deal with soggy children), but they seemed to recover when we let them roll down a small hill.

My attempt at getting a shot of Ollie & Ellie together:

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love Longwood so much! Crazy that it was covered in snow last month! Fun to have such close cousins.

Contributors