Thursday, May 17, 2012

Cousins

Last weekend I enjoyed some family time.  So nice.  I met my brother and my cousin and their families at Maryland's Cafe Rio for an early dinner.  We ate around 4 p.m.  The kids quickly tired of the sitting politely at the table and began to run around the restaurant so we sent them outside and the dads, Scott and Harley watched them (eight kiddies entertaining themselves by climbing a cement wall that bordered a cement patio).  I sat inside with the ladies talking about kids and pregnancies and baby names until finally Harley came in and said, "We're losing the battle.  We need to go."  We retired to a nearby park where our accommodating kiddos played till about 8:30 that evening. I really enjoyed visiting with family.  It's the main thing I miss living out here so it's nice to get a bit of it every now and then.
 
 
 

1 comment:

Ali Snow said...

So fun that you all got to get together! Wendy told me that same story about "We're losing the battle." Too funny.

Contributors