Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween

Liz was sick on Halloween, but by the evening she seemed better enough to go trick-or-treating so we put the girls in the second costumes (matching ballerinas) and headed to a nearby townhome community (townhomes are seriously the best places to trick-or-treat because you can go to more houses in less time).

I guess Liz wasn't really that better because within 20 minutes she asked to go home and when we got there she said she was too tired to look through her candy and could we please do it for her so she could go to sleep?
On Sunday we had the jack-o-lantern light dinner I had envisioned and in the morning I made ghost shaped pancakes with chocolate chips for eyes. Liz refused to eat them ("Mom, you know I don't like chocolate chips in my pancakes." What the?!). Alaina only ate the eyes (after ingesting several regular pancakes) and then screamed for more until we finally had to remove her from the table.
Andrew and I have been enjoying/eating the girls' Halloween candy the last few days. On Sunday afternoon Liz looked in her bucket, then looked at me and said, "I know you have been eating my candy without even asking for permission." Oops. But it's not like she's eating it. I think she's had all of five pieces and that's not because we have regulated her at all. She's as picky with candy as she is with food (the silver lining).

3 comments:

DC Diva said...

Amen on the trick or treating at townhouses. Especially w/ little legs.

Codi said...

love the twiner ballerinas!

Dave and Emily said...

you are such a good mom and your girls are so beautiful! i wish we got to see you more often!!

Contributors