Sunday, March 20, 2011

St. Pat's

As always I intended to do way more than we actually did, but the girls didn't seem to notice. Well, Liz noticed that the leprechauns did not turn our milk green (couldn't find green food coloring at the store the night before--go figure) and she was pretty sad. The little men did, however, leave each girl a little green gift bag full of chocolates in gold wrappers and some green socks (lucky thing too since green is surprisingly sparse in their wardrobes).See wanted to pose this way. She got in position and said, "Mom, look at me. Take my picture."

These two are wearing literally the only green things I could find in their closets. Liz wore even less.
Yeah, she just knocked over her sister's block tower and pulled out half a box of kleenex.
Earlier in the week we celebrated "Pi Day" on 3.14. It was our first year doing this and I envisioned eating pie for every meal (quiche, pizza, meat pies) while we discussed math. We ended up making individual-sized pudding pies. Liz didn't quite understand what we were celebrating and I was a little surprised that I had such a hard time explaining everything. When it came down to it I couldn't quite remember what pi was and what we used it for. It was a little embarrassing. Later on Drew explained it to Lizzie and to me.

1 comment:

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

holy cow! your girls look so old!!!

Contributors