Saturday, January 5, 2013

Christmas Eve

Somehow I barely got any pictures of Christmas Eve.  I'm especially sad that I didn't get any shots of my parents dressed up as wise men for our nativity play.

Ellie was Mary, but much to her sister's chagrin she refused to put her baby doll in the manger or allow it be wrapped in swaddling clothes. 
Alaina reprised her role as angel.  I think she enjoyed the play more than anyone else.  As soon as we finished she asked if we could act it out again and (and made the same request throughout the week after Christmas).  She keeps referring to the halo as a hulu. Cracks me up.
Other Christmas Eve activity: the girls opened up their holiday jammies, Andrew and I put on our candy cane p.j.'s, and we ate a ham dinner having braved the line at Honey Baked Hams earlier in the day (I also went to Toys R Us around mid-day--huge, huge mistake, never do that to yourself). Late that night my mom helped me wrap the Santa gifts and Drew and my dad put together the little girls kitchen because we hadn't gotten around to that stuff earlier (never again will I wait till the night before).

No comments:

Contributors