Friday, September 6, 2013

Ren Fest

We spent the last day of the summer at the Maryland Renaissance Festival (quite possibly Drew's favorite day trip).  The festival goes through October and I'm sure the weather would be much better any day but when we went, but Drew and I were afraid if we waited soccer would conflict with our outing.  Anyway, we had fun even though we were sweating buckets.
I planned to make some cute floral hair garlands for the girls (I think the ones sold at the festival are too pricey), but I didn't get back from the beach in time to shop for supplies.  Instead, I improvised with leis from our dress-up bin.  They seemed to work well enough (though they certainly weren't as cute as the ones my friend Sharon made for her girls).
Festival favorites: Drew had to see the jousting and I insisted on seeing Shakespeare Skum perform.  The girls enjoyed numerous shows and treats.

No comments:

Contributors