Friday, November 1, 2013

Trunk-or-Treat

Getting the kids ready in time for the event was a little tricky.  We had limited time and the kids were fussing over makeup and costume tweaks and whatnot.  In frustration I pointed out that I was still in my jammies (yeah, at 4:30 p.m., but I had just been home cleaning and making chili and all . . . ).  I said, "I still need to get dressed.  I do NOT want to go to the party looking like a dirty housewife."  Lizzie helpfully suggested that "dirty housewife" could be my costume.  Nope, I wear that too much already.  During the drive to the church Alaina brought up my costume situation again and suggested I could be "a dirty housewife that is wearing makeup and is angry."  Um, yeah.
Unbeknownst to each other Drew and I each signed up to bring a dish to the ward trunk-or-treat.  I chose corn bread because I already had a mix at home.  Drew volunteered to make chili and then got sick (what I had last week) so I made the chili.  Actually I made two pots of chili (white bean and standard) so we were ready for Halloween night (Liz insisted that I'd "ruin" Halloween if I made them eat soup before trick-or-treating).
 
Drew was not excited about walking in the costume parade with Ellie and Emma, but he was a pretty good sport.  Ellie claimed to be a "kitty cat" or sometimes a "ballerina cat."  Emma was a robot.  I bought her costume two or three years ago on clearance for just a couple dollars.  I thought I would sale it for a profit, but never got around to it and now I have a cute baby to wear it!!
 The actual trunk-or-treating:
Alaina decided to use her witch hat instead of her actual candy bucket and reminded me that I did the same thing two years ago.
 Vampire turned out to be a fairly popular costume choice for girls Lizzie's age.
Happily the girls were able to get all of their costumes our of our costume bin.  Hooray for no money out and no more costumes for me to store.

No comments:

Contributors