Sunday, November 24, 2013

Annual Update: Lizzie, Age 10

Lizzie, at age 10, is a delight (most of the time).  She can be stubborn and opinionated and dramatic, but also very considerate, sensitive, and helpful.  She still wants me to read her stories at night, which I love.  She also still likes to play with toys, which I also love.  I hope she stays young as long as possible.

Liz is super helpful with her little sisters.  She regularly reads to them and gets them breakfast and, when she's with me, Liz buckles Lainey and Ellie's car seats about 80% of the time.  I just step in if the little ones are being difficult.  Sometimes Liz even gets Emma buckled and/or in the car for me.  On Saturday I was slated to take Liz to a play date.  I set my alarm so I could get up from a nap with Emma just in time to change my clothes and race out the door.  So, when the alarm went off I passed Emma to Liz and raced upstairs to get dressed.  Minutes later, when I was racing down the stairs and hollering at the kids for leaving the front door open, Liz met me on the stairs and announced that everyone was buckled in the car.  Then she handed me my keys and said, "Here are your keys so you don't have to look for them."  She knows me so well.

School Pic by Danelle Empey:
Stats:
Height: 52 inches (23%)
Weight: 60 lbs (14%)
Vision: 20/20

Elizabeth is sensitive about her size.  She doesn't like being the smallest (and almost the youngest) one at school.

Liz wants to keep her hair long and wear it down.  She prefers jeans or pants and refuses to wear dresses or skirts to school (and gets upset when I make her wear them for family pictures).  She is still a pretty picky eater especially when it comes to vegetables.  Liz participates in Activity Girls and Girl Scouts.  She takes piano (private) and trombone (at school) lessons, plays recreational soccer, and loves to read.  The public library is right next to Lizzie's elementary school and she asks to visit at least a couple times a week.  I've noticed that she says "good gravy!" as one might say "my goodness!"--not sure where she got this.
Birthday interview:
Favorite colors - green and light blue and turquoise
Favorite food - Ritz cracker chicken, hot dogs, cheeseburgers (tried them for the first time around her birthday), pizza, ice cream
Favorite "healthy food" - mashed potatoes without the skins
Favorite book - the Tale Dark and Grimm books
Favorite song - Thrift Shop (the clean version, but still .  .  .)
Favorite thing to do - read (for reals, I love it)
Want I want to be when I grow up - an artist
Favorite person to spend time with - Jordan, Mom and Dad
What I do really well - I think I'm pretty good at drawing and soccer
What makes you laugh - tickle fights
What is the best part of day - The school day? .  .  .  Reading late at night in my bed
Favorite thing to do with family - go skiing (Drew loves this)
What do you love to learn about - math at school, I like doing more complicated ones
Where do you like to go - to the library
If you could have one wish - for Jacob to be back (ditto, Honey)

No comments:

Contributors