Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Back to the Grind

Well, the cruise was fabulous (more on that later). We got back Sunday evening and two days later I'm a little closer to my old routine.

We had a bit of a bumpy start. Yesterday morning when I rummaged through Lizzie's backpack I found a reminder note about our parent-teacher conference that started within ten minutes. Andrew was ready for the day, but I had to race out in my pajamas. . . .

Along the same lines, I had a surprise dental appointment today (by "surprise" I mean I forgot I scheduled it six months ago). Laina came with me and behaved wonderfully. She cried bit when the chair moved, but otherwise she was fascinated with the hygienist's work and she liked to babble and wave at him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our first night back Alaina helped us get back into the swing of things. There's no "easing in" when your toddler's licking marinera sauce off her dinner plate:
Speaking of Alaina, while we were gone she learned to walk (& turn around while standing & stand up without pulling herself up & squat down and then pop back up). She also started to say "oh uh, " wave instead of point at people, and point at noses. My parents were surprised by how much Laines ate and how loud she was.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday admist the unpacking and loads and loads of laundry and school meeting and seeing my parents off, the girls and I visited Nalls' pumpkin patch. It was nice. Alaina loved riding in the wagon and Liz loved pulling her.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Welcome home! I hope the cruise was a blast. Congrats to Lainey on walking and squating and waving! Come play with us!

Contributors