Saturday, October 31, 2009

Today's Change of Plans

Here's what I had on the agenda for today:
Early Morning Family Photo Shoot
Lizzie's Soccer Game
Birthday Party #1
Birthday Party #2
Finish Carving Pumpkins
Trick of Treating
Dinner by Jack-O-Lantern Light

Unfortunately Lizzie woke up with a high fever, sore throat, and body aches so instead of the fun busy day I had planned, we have spent the day napping, watching cartoons, and applying cool cloths to her forehead.

Luckily we did some seasonal celebrating
BEFORE Liz got sick:

This is the first year Liz and I made any Halloween decorations (better late than never right?). She really enjoyed making ghosties and spiders and designing jack-o-lanterns for Drew to cut out. She also enjoyed decorating our van for last night's trunk or treat. I spray painted a couple boxes for a witch's house and Liz concocted a story about an evil witch who trapped animals (her stuffed toys) to eat later. She also decorated a couple tombstones for a "deadless girl."

After school one of Lizzie's classmates hosted a Halloween party. Liz was excited about, but fell asleep en route and was difficult to wake up. I suppose this should have been my first clue that she wasn't feeling well, but I thought she was just tired because I dragged her to my book group last night.
Finally awake, and dressed appropriately--Liz is a witch, Lainey is just festive--the girls had fun at the party.
However, they DID NOT have fun during my attempted photo shoot.
Later in the evening we to a Halloween party at church (#2 of #5 possible parties this weekend). It consisted of a dinner, carnival (lots of games for the kids), and trunk or treat. Incidentally, I have hardly any pictures of Liz because I hardly saw her. She mainly roamed around with her friends. Alaina stayed by my side of course, but I was pleasantly surprised when she happily walked in the costume parade:
For trunk-or-treat Andrew passed out candy by the van and when Liz filled her own bag she joined him.
I took Alaina around to some cars. She definitely didn't get the whole concept, but she seemed to enjoy carrying her pumpkin around (oh, and she liked the glow sticks).
As usual I dressed up as a witch and Drew refused to wear a costume. Next year I plan to branch out and I'm hoping Andrew will participate as well.
Alaina wore the same costume Liz wore for her second Halloween and when I looked back at the picture I was surprised by who much they look alike (it helps that their hair is covered).

............................Alaina................................
..........................Elizabeth..............................

5 comments:

Dan and Sharon said...

sorry to hear you have a sick girl on Halloween.

Jessica said...

Sorry Liz was sick but sounds and looks like you had loads of fun after all! I love seeing Lainey walking!

Lisa said...

Poor Liz, being sick on Halloween is no fun! Thank you for sending us pics of the girls...they look so cute in their costumes! I have them up on my fridge! I hope we get to see the girls soon...Rob and I were talking about maybe taking a trip out to South Carolina next year some time!

rachael said...

This time of year just brings so much sickness! It's terrible.
The girls look so cute and I love that you dressed up. What are your bigs plans for next year that you're hoping Andrew will participate in?? Characters from the Wizard of Oz???

Michelle Earnest said...

That is a nasty bug going around. It hit our ward too, candy was the only thing given out that night.

I LOVE how Alania has her arms behind her head in the picture of her alseep in the carseat. Cute.

Contributors