Friday, June 11, 2010

Paternity Leave

I'm so sad Drew's paternity leave is over. Today was day three of him back to work/me back to being a lone stay-at-home mom. Having him home was wonderful. I spent my first few days home from the hospital sorting through bins of baby things, reorganizing the girls room to make room for Gabrielle, and cleaning the apartment. Finally I calmed down and focused on recuperating while Drew did pretty much everything else. Some pix from those blissful two weeks: One day we took a drive to Shenandoah National Forest.Daddy gave Gabrielle her first sponge bath.
I survived my first outing with all three girls (Drew had ski patrol class). We went to Lizzie's dance class for pictures.
I tried to take my own baby pictures of Gabrielle, but it didn't work out too well.
The girls enjoyed holding their new sister. So far Alaina seems more jealous of Lizzie's baby holding time than of the baby herself (I'm sure it will come though).We enjoyed an edible arrangement from our good friends, the Murphys (and discovered that Liz likes pineapple). We also enjoyed multiple meals brought in by friends.
Gabrielle slept a lot (during the day that is).
I came across a cool nail polish pen, while shopping for a not-so-cool nursing bra, and Lizzie and I had fun drawing on each others nails. She surprised me by requesting black nail polish as her base color.
The girls enjoyed lots of daddy time.

Things I survived doing on my own this week: Ellie's 2 week check-up (weight: 7 lb, 4.5 oz; herniated bellybutton, doc removed the umbilical stump), shopping at Costco, and Lizzie's first grade picnic (the day was crazy hot).

4 comments:

Marilyn Barnes said...

I miss my girls...especially all of the kisses and hugs from Lainey and all of the story telling with Lizzie.

Ryann said...

I can't believe that it has already been two weeks! I hope that you adjust well to being home with the girls alright!

rachael said...

I am so impressed with you!!! You have a newborn baby and a 21 month, yet you still find time to paint nails with Lizzie. You're a super mom!!! And I can't believe that you're a mom of 3. Wow, three beautiful girls. I am so happy for you. I LOVE the name Gabriella and I love even more that Lizzie has decided to call her Gabby. You family is perfect and you deserve to enjoy every moment. Miss you!!!!!

Jessica said...

It is so sad when paternity leave ends.

Contributors