Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The best thing that happened today:

I found this baby blanket for this sweet little baby.
It had been missing a little over a week. I retraced my steps on the last day I remembered having it: playgroup, dollar store, Silver Diner. I checked each location. No luck. I felt like a big jerk. Here I'd lost this fabulous quilt that my mother made and someday Lizzie and Lainey would be able to wrap their little babies in their old quilts, but not Gabrielle. Then this morning I decided to call Silver Diner to check just one more time and they had it! I was so excited I started giggling on the phone.
I'm so relieved and now I won't feel guilty when I see my mom at Thanksgiving dinner next week (check out those knuckle dimples--I love 'em).
Oh, and now Ellie has somewhere soft to play (yes, she has other blankets but they are in storage and her sisters aren't to keen on sharing theirs).
It feels like it's been awhile since I've done a Gabrielle update so here we go: she's about one week shy of her six month mark, she's ticklish, she's mellow, she's grabby, she's absolutely adored. She loves splashing in the bath and the noises Costco baby wipes containers make.
She sucks her thumb (and fingers), but we're big binki fans so we're pushing that as well.
She's super drooly--her tops are always moist--but no teeth yet (her sisters each got their first tooth around 11 months).
I'm really loving crocheted beanies on her.
She's really into her sisters. She and Alaina often entertain each other during back-to-back diaper changes.
Though sometimes things don't go so well. It's hard to see but Gabs has a fist-full of Lainey's hair.
Gabby seems to enjoy both tummy and bumbo time.
She can usually entertain herself for a bit by watching her sisters or grabbing her feet.
But somtimes she gets left too long, poor third baby.
I love her guts!

1 comment:

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

She is getting so big! Glad you found the quilt. And I loved your manners police stuff. That's brilliant!

Contributors