Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Discovery Engineering & MORE VOMIT!

We spent Saturday morning at the "Discover Engineering" Day at the National Building Museum. It was our second year going and as usual parking was a pain and it was so crowded it was hard to maneuver the stroller. Still, I think it was worth going because it is so important to encourage math and science (especially for girls). In the afternoon we went to CiCi's pizza for a late lunch/early dinner and on the way home Alaina threw up. She said her tummy hurt and then a few minutes later I looked back just in time to see her start spewing chunky pink vomit. Ugh. So she's our second girl to throw up this week shortly after eating pizza. Maybe the take home from these experiences should be no more pizza.
Andrew and I alternated between gagging and laughing as we cleaned up Lainey and her carseat at the first gas station we could find. Andrew said, "Oh, yuck! Why do we have kids?!"
Lainey jumped around and played while we wiped up her muck so I thought she was feeling better. She wasn't. She threw up again as we were pulling into our parking lot and then a few more times that evening/night, though by the end she was just dry heaving stomach juices.
Needless to say I kept Laina home from church the next day and I'm happy to say that we have been puke-free since late Saturday night (though we get a little jumpy every time Lainey coughs). Hurray! I didn't want Liz to miss out on church so I sent her with a friend who said what everyone says after some time with Liz, she was well-behaved but she never stopped talking.
Another highlight from the weekend: Lizzie and I went on a mommy-daughter date (dinner and movie while Drew dealt with Alaina's additional pukes). It's been a long time since I've gone out with just Liz. It was nice. I hope to do it more.
And thanks to everyone who shared their Nursemaid Elbow experiences. When I wrote about it I was a little nervous that I would sound like a major child abuser (which is why it was buried in the middle of a post and not a post in and of itself). I'm glad to know that I'm not alone.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You are such a great mom to take your kids to so many incredible activities. I'm sure Asher would have loved this! Next year!

Contributors