Monday, February 7, 2011

Some goings on

Last weekend my mom called and asked why I hadn't posted yet. I haven't posted because I was busy "house hunting." Here's some of what we were up to these last couple weeks:

Alaina made her usual messes.We had to find creative ways to keep the girls entertained/occupied during snow, sick, and teacher prep days.My two youngest reminded me of the importance of baby proofing. Below you can see what happens when your toddler wedges a nickle betwen a plug and an outlet (the plug & nickle now have melt marks).
We made DIY snowglobes with baby food jars, baby oil, glitter, and superglue. Turns out I'm really bad at applying superglue. I consistently glued jewels to my fingers and had to rip them off. Ouch.
We went sledding last Monday.
By we, I mean Liz was on the sled and Alaina and I watched from the bottom of the hill (and Gabby slept in the van).
We made melting snowman cookies.
They didn't look nearly as good as Julie's and, while I'd like to pretend it's because I let Lizzie do the decorating, I did some myself and they didn't look much different.
Alaina attended and loved dance class, though I'm pretty sure this move is frowned upon.
An update on Lizzie and her issue from the previous post: She and her "BFF" (whose name Liz has yet to remember) made up. And, as Liz explained me, she and her friend talked and decided that although their religons have different names, they really they are the same religion. Obviously we need to talk a little more about the difference between a general religious belief system and a specific denomination, but I'm glad the girls are getting along again.

No comments:

Contributors