Monday, February 28, 2011

Ski Weekend

Last weekend we met my brother's family at Liberty Ski resort for some winter fun. Sadly we didn't get many photos. What you see here is pretty much it.It was my third time on the slopes. The first was in high school. I took a ski lesson and just didn't take to it. I tried it again while Drew and I were dating, and again, I didn't really like it or as Drew says, I was whiny. I keep reminding him that our pre-marital ski experience was before he proposed so he knew what he was getting into with me and snow and skis and whatnot.
Last weekend I took a lesson. I had tried to avoid it, but Andrew was insistent (incidentally, he was also insistent that he would not teach him himself). Surprisingly I really enjoyed the lesson and had a lot of fun on the bunny hill afterwards--though I could not keep up with Liz.
Speaking of Liz, it was so, so fun to see her and her cousin Iris heading down the slope together. I also loved to see Iris' little sister, Willa on skis. She was fearless.
The little girls spent the day in the ski patrol room, playing, sleeping, and watching t.v. Next year Laines will join her sister on the slopes, but Ellie has a couple more years to go.

No comments:

Contributors