Thursday, January 5, 2012

Holiday Break

So far the first week back to real life (meaning the girlies are back in school) has gone well enough.  Still, I miss the fun and laid-back schedule of last week.  We had fun:

We spent an evening viewing the temple lights.  It was crazy busy and although we planned on getting there around 5, we actually arrived well after 7.  The line for the creche exhibit was longer than I've ever seen it so we skipped 'em.  Skipped the show too.  Next year I'll actually follow Sarah B's sage advice and show up at 5 p.m. and then head over the Brookville Gardens.
I couldn't find Ellie's gloves, so she wore mine.  She was mystified by them and kept staring at her hands.  O course I spotted Elle's gloves peeking out from under my seat when we returned to the car.

We ate Ikea's free kid's meals two different times, and all I can say about those meatballs is, yuck and I'm shocked I craved them for so many years
We nursed colds, I finally finished putting together the basement (after having dismantled it Christmas Eve), and we spent whole days in our pajamas, even venturing outside to play with coats over our night clothes.
 I packed up all the Christmas gear (now I just need Andrew to help me take down the darn tree).
This angel is one of our recent casualties.  Alaina decapitated it a couple weeks ago and the super glue I used to attach her head makes it look like it has a gushing neck wound.  It made me a little sad because this is from a nativity set we received our first Christmas in DC from Andrew's brother.  It survived one cross-country and three local moves, but it couldn't survive kids.
Liz had a mani-pedi at spa-riffic with her friend.  Liz enjoyed it, but my advice is do not take your daughters there because it is a waste of money even with Groupon.  Lizzie also had a cooking class with another friend which she loved (and which was worth the price we paid).

We played at home.  We also ventured out to the cheapie movies to see Puss in Boots.  Liz and Laines loved it and behaved well.  Ellie, on the other hand, was too young to sit still.  In all it was fun and I was soooo glad I went to first showing when I left the theater and saw the awful line waiting to get in.  Glad I missed that.
Played Uno.

No comments:

Contributors