Sunday, November 11, 2012

Updates

While I was stuck in Texas Drew was busy with the girls.  He took Lainey on her preschool field trip to a pumpkin patch, Ellie to her dance class, Lizzie to her Girl Scout camp out, got the girls to a couple different Halloween parties, and helped coach Lizzie's soccer game.  And all that was before Hurricane Sandy hit.  

When I got back the other preschool moms marvelled at how well Drew handled everything.  They were especially impressed that he did the girls hair for the field trip ("and in pigtails!").  When I reported this to Andrew he laughed and said, yeah, they told him that too and he recalled that the ladies were really impressed with how straight his pigtail part was.

Girl Scout Camp Out:
Sleeping in the basement during Hurricane Sandy:
Since I've been back we've been as busy as usual.  We've enjoyed visits from some brothers--one of mine and one of Drew's.  Love those family visits.  It always makes me wish I lived near them.

I voted.  I also spent a big chunk of the day manning the fundraiser at Lizzie's school.  We are trying to raise money for the 4th grade field trip Jamestown this spring so we were there the entire time the polls were open selling coffee, baked goods, water, hot dogs, and pizza.  We did pretty well.

I took Alaina to get a cavity filled.  A cavity!  When I heard the news my heart sank--definitely a low mommy-moment.  I kind of feel like I failed her.  We sprung for laughing gas for her and it definitely helped the whole process.  Afterwards the dentist gave her a chocolate pudding cup.  Lainey took one bite and then refused to eat any more while she had a numb cheek.
Lizzie and Drew finished up soccer.  At the end-of-season party, the other parents on the team gave Drew and the head coach each thank you notes and gift cards.  I thought it was really nice of them--especially since this is our fourth season with Coach Bob and we've never given him any end-of-season gifts.

Some other things have finished too.  After-school soccer, guitar, and girls basketball all ended last week and I only have two weeks of pottery left!  Hooray!  I'm looking forward to having my afternoons free for a bit before all the classes all start up again in January.  Until then it's only Girl Scouts, piano, and Activity Girls for Liz and a couple more dance classes for the little ones.
 

1 comment:

Ryann said...

You should not have mommy guilt over the cavity. Madi had one and the dentist said that it didn't get enough enamel before it broke through the gums. Nothing we could have done to prevent it. Cavities happen:)

Contributors