Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thanksgiving

The only pictures I took the entire holiday were of Drew and his beloved bacon-wrapped turkey.  It was a first for us and it was delicious.  Incidentally this was only the second time we have ever hosted Thanksgiving.  The last time was 2001 and we had two guests, only one of which spent the night.  This time around we had a family of seven. 

 That's right, seven. 
I was a little nervous to have such a large family staying with us, in part because I didn't really know them.  It was a cousin that Drew was close to growing up, but I had only met a handful of times.  Actually the last time I saw him and his wife was five years ago.  I needn't have worried though, we all got along well, the kids were well behaved, and things generally went smoothly (expect for one painful lunch spent arguing politics). 
Along with a delicious Thanksgiving dinner and pleasant company, over the holidays we also enjoyed a visit to the Udvar-Hazy Air and Space Museum (along with a million other people) and The Rise of the Guardians.  And, as I had hoped, we finished off the long weekend by putting up our Christmas tree and decorations.  Hooray Christmas! 

No comments:

Contributors