Friday, February 15, 2013

Longwood Gardens!

Last Saturday my lovely friend, Jessica, took me to Longwood Gardens with her.  It was a really fun day.  I always enjoy visiting those gardens, but it was extra fun to do it with a friend that actually knows plant names and facts.  At one point, Jessica pointed out the flower that she had on her cake (something I'd never heard of) and I realized that I only knew the names of three of the many flowers that where in my wedding bouquet and on my cake: rose, gerber daisy, and lily.  Not too impressive.
 Alaina loved smelling the flowers and having her picture taken with them (especially the pink ones):
 Ellie also liked smelling the flowers, but had a hard time remembering to keep her hands off them, thank goodness she didn't pick any:
We spent all our time in the conservatory (along with everyone else that visited that day) because it was so cold (and the flowers were so lovely and fragrant).  Flower chandelier?  Yes please.  Now I know what was missing from my wedding.
 
Lainey was way excited about the rock bench (or couch according to her), but didn't last long thanks to the sun in the cacti section:
 Of course we had to end in the children's garden:
Ellie got completely soaked, in part because she purposely scooped up water and smeared it on her face and clothing.  Luckily I had a change of clothes for her.
Luckily I also had a change of clothes for Lainey because she peed her pants.  I told her that it wasn't okay and that she couldn't do that when she started school in the fall.  Then she cheerfully explained that I could just put a change of clothes in her backpack and when she had an accident her teacher would help her change her clothes.  Argh.
All in all a good day, and it was especially nice to carpool.  .  .  .  Meanwhile, Liz and Drew were off skiing with a father-daughter duo that I think will be their new ski buddies.

No comments:

Contributors