Monday, February 4, 2013

Sick Week

One night last week, Andrew and I were having a heated discussion (a.k.a. argument).  At one point I started to get a little dramatic and extreme in my statements (I can say that now, but at the time everything made perfect sense).  Andrew kind of chuckled and said, "Okay, let's all calm down.  I think we're making a bigger deal out of this that we need to.  We just need a little dose of reality."  And then, right on cue, we heard the tell-tale coughs followed by the sound of liquid splattering on the floor and walls.  Lainey had thrown up all over herself, her bed (two sets of bedding by the end of it), and the hallway.  As we bathed her and moped up vomit, I asked Drew, "Is this enough reality for you?"  I'm sure it wasn't what he intended, but it sure made us forget our disagreement.
 As often happens we didn't deal with just one sick family member, it seemed everyone had something going on.  Ellie battled pink eye while also adjusting to her eye patch (she has to wear one a few hours every day because glasses just aren't cutting it for her lazy eye).  Liz came home with a fever Wednesday afternoon that kept her home from school the following two days (luckily we were able to bring it down enough with ibuprofen so that she could try out for the school play during that time and she made it!).  
 Then, to finish off the week I managed to throw my back out Saturday while reorganizing my closet (and lifting nothing heavier than a stack of folded sweaters I swear).   I immediately laid down and called Drew (on his way home from a ski patrol shift).  I asked him to order pizza for us because I wasn't sure I could make it to the wallet I left in the van.  I'm still not sure what's up with my back but in the meantime I'm walking like an old lady and laying on the couch a lot while the kids wreck havoc on the basement and watch tons of television.

1 comment:

Codi said...

Oh I am so sorry about your back. I hope that it gets feeling better soon. I remember when my mom did that to her back, and all she was doing was unloading the dishwasher. It's crazy how things like that can happen! Good luck!

Contributors