Thursday, March 28, 2013

Baby #5

Last week I laid down to take a 10 minute nap.  It was literally only 10 minutes long since I used an alarm.  This is what happened while I was asleep: 
 
Lainey said she remembered that I let Lizzie draw on Ellie before so she figured she could too.  Then she did her own face because she wanted "to look like a character."  I can only imagine how much crazier things will get with another kid in the mix.
When Drew saw the girls, he sighed, shook is head and said,  
"We just have such different parenting styles."

Anyway, pregnancy-wise things seem to be going well.  My first trimester nausea, migraines, and exhaustion are mostly gone, thank goodness.  And I hit my 22 week mark last Monday so I'm on the downhill slope! Hooray!

We are slowly checking off things from our baby "to do" list.  Over the weekend I started going through our baby gear and realized that I got rid of more than I should have when we moved, but with borrowing, freecycle, and the upcoming consignment sales we should be fine.

Last weekend we also did the kid's room realignment.  Now all three girls are in the same room.  Liz is not loving it, but we eased the blow by rearranging things so that she can at least have her own closet and dresser.  I also gave her first dibs on beds.  She picked the twin.  Lainey moved to the top bunk (and is very excited about her more grown-up space).  Ellie's transition to the bottom bunk has been pretty painless.  The week before we moved her she cried anywhere from half and hour to an hour when we put her in her crib (it also happened to be the week immediately following daylight savings and her first week of binky weaning, so it was bad all around).  Ellie would cry and periodically yell the following: please get me out of here, I don't like this bed, get this off of me (referring to her jammies), and I just want to be naked!  Now, aside from one night when was upset that her favorite crib sheet wouldn't fit on her new mattress, she's gone to bed just fine.

I think the main thing left on our list is picking a name.  My mom asked that we don't choose another name like Lainey and Ellie because she thinks they are too similar and she gets them mixed up.  Um, perhaps, but I pointed out that the names aren't as similar as the ones she gave my sister and I, Jill and Julie, which come from the same root word.

Anyway, I haven't perused any baby name books just yet (much to Andrew's relief), but I did go over the leftover names from the last two girl's lists to make an initial list for us.  Even before I showed the list to Drew I started culling.

Initial rejects: Ava, Charlotte, Greta, Gretchen, Gwyneth,  Isaura, Madeline, Malia, Malina, Rabiah, Sadira, Zahara

My maybes: Amara (Mari), Amelia, Laila, Larissa, Josephine (Josie), Margaret (Maggie), Roxanne (Roxi)
Of course I'm pretty sure that Andrew has vetoed all these "maybe" names when they were on Lainey and Ellie's list so I don't these will be options.

I still like: Emma (Emmaline, Emmalyn, Emmette), Katelyn/Caitlin (love the nickname Kate), Lydia, Megan, Camille/Kamilah

3 comments:

Dan and Sharon said...

I love the name Roxie. There is a lady in our ward her name is Roxie and she is a peacefully lady. She around our age. She has two limitless guys. I love it when you meet people and their name is not what you except.

Supercell said...

chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!chickens are awesome!

Megan said...

Ha, love the parenting styles comment! Also love pretty much all your name choices! Can't wait to hear what you go with.

Contributors