Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Gender

We found out what we are having Tuesday morning.  I asked Drew which he preferred and he insisted he'd be fine anyway.  I said that if I could pick, I'd probably pick a boy, but that I could see many advantages to having another girl.  I also said that if I was making a prediction as to what we're having I would guess a girl because 75% of the time that's what we've had.  Anyway  .  .  . 

It's a . . . 

GIRL!
Liz was disappointed.  She had wanted a brother for a couple reasons.  First of all, she wanted to see what a having a brother was like.  Second, she was pretty sure that a little brother would copy her less than a sister and would just generally be less annoying.  I assured that was not the case.  Also, Lizzie wanted to this hoped-for brother, after her first lost brother, Jacob.  Once she knew she was going to have a sister, she asked when we'd have a boy.  I said, never.  This is the last.

Lainey was pleased because she wanted a sister all along.  Earlier in the day when I asked her whether she wanted a brother or sister her immediate answer was, "a sister so Lizzie can have her own room," generous as always.  When I asked what she thought we should name a sister she suggested we name it Alaina Marie after her.

Ellie wants a brother and despite our frequent explanations that we are, in fact, having a girl, she keeps insisting that she is getting a brother.

2 comments:

Codi said...

So I have been completely stocking your blog since Tuesday! I almost called you today, but decided that might be annoying! I am so happy for you guys. I am not sure why but I got a little emotional when I saw that you were having a girl. I think that it is because I loved and still love having all sisters. I do believe that you can never have too many sisters!! Your girls are very blessed to have each other! And like you said there are many advantages to having another girl! Congrats to you all! I am so excited to have another little Nielson girl in the family!

Michelle Earnest said...

Congratulations!

Contributors