Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Busy Saturdays: & our Baby's Blessing

Last weekend was pretty busy.  We had: two birthday parties (one of which was Lizzie's), a soccer game (Liz), a soccer class (Lainey), Women's Conference, monster mini golf (daddy daughter date with the three oldest girls), Emma's baby blessing, a consignment sale (it was a dud), and some toilet training for Ellie.
Emma's blessing was especially lovely for us.  She wore the same dress as her sisters (now it will be retired until we have granddaughters), she was calm in the circle, and Ellie was reverent enough for me to focus on the blessing.
We had several friends join us for the blessing (and then for dessert afterwards).  Drew's brother, Dan, also came.  I worried that he wouldn't make it and that Emma would be our only child without a blood relative in the blessing circle.  He totally made it, but I got myself got a bit worked up beforehand, worrying that he wouldn't.  Getting the girls ready in time was also a bit stressful.
It seemed like the kids were constantly complaining or fighting with each other.  I quickly became fed up.  At one point I was stomping around, slamming drawers, and complaining to myself about how the kids were throwing fits.  I believe I was saying something along the lines of, "Everyone is just throwing fits!  That's all they do.  Fit!  Fit!  Fit!" when I heard Drew chuckle behind me.  He said, "So, . . . are you including yourself in 'everyone'?"  Uh, yeah I suppose so.
 And, for nostalgia's sake: 

Elizabeth's baby blessing
 
Alaina's baby blessing
 following photo by Aunt Codi:
Gabrielle's baby blessing:
 

No comments:

Contributors