Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day

Last weekend Andrew decided to go gather some of our crap (and some loot) from my parents house in South Carolina. He left Friday night thinking he could install a trailer hitch, load up the van and trailer, and return Saturday night.Things didn't quite go as Andrew planned and he didn't make it back till Sunday night, just in time to read good-night stories to the girlies.I was a little bummed to be home alone on Mother's Day, but it wasn't too bad and Drew gave me a rain check on the sleeping-in, the diaper-free day, and the special-request menu.My kiddo were sweet to me. The older girls let me put their hair in hotrollers and Liz made me breakfast (bowl of chocolate icecream and bowl of cereal).Of course later on Liz told me in a not-at-all-angry, just very matter-of-fact way that if Andrew and I ever get divorced she wants to "live with Daddy, because he's fun." I had been explaining why the neighbor girls are only around to play with her every other weekend. I think it was more of a compliment of Andrew than a criticism of me, but it was pretty funny to be told that on my special day (and while I was making her lunch no less).Other Mother's Day moments: Alaina nuzzled up to my shoulder, then leaned back, looked me in the eye, smiled, and said, "I wipe my boogers on you." While we were cleaning up the basement, Liz grumbled, "I thought this was Mother's Day not cleaning day."Instead of the regularly scheduled three hours of church we just had Sacrement Meeting then a potluck lunch which was awesome! It was especially cool because I didn't know that was the plan till I showed up. Also, even though it was Fast & Testimony Meeting the primary kids sang a couple mother-love songs. I loved it.Plus, it's not like Drew didn't do anything to commemorate the holiday. Saturday afternoon a package of cookies and chocolate-dipped fruit arrived for me. I ate it for deliciously, self-indulgent dinner. I also got an awesome back rub and the Vitamix I've wanted for years.

No comments:

Contributors