Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Tea House

Laines and I went to Pink Bicycle Tea Room for a much-needed mommy-daughter date.
We got to pick out some sweet tea party hats to wear.Lainey's hat was so big on her that the brim hit the table (and all the glass dishes on it) every time she looked down.  I finally suggested she remove it because I was afraid that she'd break something.
Lainey's favorite part of the whole experience seemed to be dropping sugar in her "tea" (a.k.a. lemonade).  I cut her off at three or four cubes per glass so she ended up drinking a lot (and not eating much).
Food-wise Lainey liked the strawberries and the peanut butter sandwich the best (I had to slap that last one together for her by disassembling two PB&J's because the girl will not eat jelly or even honey on her sandwiches).
I enjoyed time with just Lainey and I learned something new about her.  Her favorite animals are "kitties and butterflies."  I have subsequently learned that she thinks cats are girls and dogs are boys.  Hmmm.  (Next pic by Lainey)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What a darling place and fun date. So cute!

Contributors