Monday, August 20, 2012

Week 9 was wonderful week, lotsa fun.  I finally finished off my Olympic experience (as in I watched the closing ceremonies late Sunday night).  Also, Drew told us who won (as in whose country placed highest).  Lizzie had picked China (U.S. was off limits because we rooted for them as a family) and she was absolutely thrilled to come in first place.  Other fun:

We attended dollar night at the Potomac Nationals (baseball farm team).  We met friends there so the kids really enjoyed themselves (though Drew was frustrated that Lizzie was paying more attention to her friend's smart phone than the game).  I arrived first so the whole group enjoyed my idiocy when it came to seating.  The $1 tickets were for the grandstand.  I figured that meant the bleachers (or everything other than "box seats") so I saved seats just left of home plate (turns out we were supposed to be in the outfield).
We turned in our library reading program coupons to get free donuts (note to any locals the coupons are for glazed donuts only, I didn't realize that until after the kids had picked fancy sprinkled-covered ones).
Lizzie and Lainey went to a half day camp at a local bounce house (and Ellie cried and cried because she couldn't go in).  Afterwards Lainey and I had a mommy-daughter date at a local tea house.  More pics of that later, but speaking of Lainey, we're trudging onward with the toilet training, but it's been unpleasant.  This last week she pooped her pants four three days in a row and peed the bed every night.  Finally we had to down-grade her to pull-ups at night because I just can't handle both soiled clothing and linens right now.
We tried out the play areas in a couple local malls (first time for most of the family at these particular play places so it was very exciting).  The first one was Virginia-themed.
The second play area was green-themed.  Technically, Liz was too big to play in these areas, but Lainey pretty much wouldn't play without Liz.  She'd either constantly come over and ask if Liz would play with her or she'd sit sadly by the sidelines with us (Ellie seemed content on her own).  Much to the delight of Liz and Laines I eventually gave in and they embarked on some sort of imaginary adventure.
One Saturday I helped throw a Ready-to-Pop-themed baby shower.  I was really happy with how it turned out.  I was also happy with the recipes I tried especially for the occasion:  rainbow popcorn and homemade pop tarts (though I cheated and used store-bought pie crusts). More shower pics later.
 After the shower, my family enjoyed the leftover Pop Rocks.
I thought Ellie would have a hard time with the candy, but she LOVED it, as in couldn't-get-enough-of-it-licking-her-fingers-and-the-bag-kind-of-love.
Lainey was more excited about the noise her Pop Rocks made than the way they felt in her mouth.

1 comment:

Wendi said...

That is exactly the reaction I expected from Ellie!! Great pictures!

Contributors