Thursday, October 11, 2012

Long Weekend

We really enjoyed last week's long weekend.  It was busy though (maybe a little too busy for Drew's taste).

Saturday morning we attended Lizzie's Girl Scout Junior's bridging ceremony.  I'm the troop co-leader, but some other mom's took care of the ceremony so all I had to do is show up which was nice (well, that's not counting the evening I spent attaching badges with my co-leader).  Anyway, I really liked the Junior Mints party favor.  Cute idea.
After our Girl Scout morning, we headed to Art on the Avenue in Del Ray.  Loved it.  Andrew and I found artwork we liked, but none that we felt we could afford.  There were some prints of DC painted in Van Gogh style.  We liked them but couldn't decide if they were cool or cheesy so we didn't purchase any.  The girls enjoyed kid's area. 

Lainey's highlight was her boat.
Liz really, really liked nailing bottle caps into this log.  We totally need one at home.
Ellie was pretty content just playing with a piece of twine that she found.
The little girls also enjoyed contributing to the sand drawing (Liz tried it out, but it wasn't for her). 
And of course, since we could hear a nearby band, Ellie finished the experience off with a little dancing.
The rest of Saturday and Sunday was spent watching General Conference, but we did get some time with family friends for lingering brunch and a late on Sunday.  I'm really excited about the new missionary ages and I'm inspired to work on my genealogy again.  Maybe I'll finally start helping out with the indexing.

Monday morning Drew and I neglected the girls and slept in until 11 a.m.  It was wonderful.  Then we reorganized the basement.  I LOVE doing stuff like that.  Drew's not so into it, but he was happy with the result (and my commitment to cut the kids' toy collection in half).

The girls played while we worked.  They especially liked creating a "hall of (bubble wrap) bubbles" (bubble wrap bubbles, that is).

No comments:

Contributors