Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Well Checks

The well checks went alright this year (or at least better than last year).  Lainey was pretty easy.  She was upset when it came to the shot, but cooperated.  Liz on the other hand, started crying at the beginning of her appointment when she heard the phrase, "finger stick."
Liz survived the finger stick for her cholesterol test, made it through the appointment without major incident, and then curled up in a ball in the corner of the room before the nurse came in to give her one measly immunization shot.  Argh!  Really!?  I told her next time her dad would be coming with her for well visits because I was absolutely done.  The cholesterol results were a little high, but the doctor said that was just because Lizzie's "good cholesterol" number was so high so it sounds like it's all good.  It seems kind of wrong that Liz has had a cholesterol test and I haven't so perhaps I'll rectify that this year.

During Lainey's appointment the nurse quizzed her on a few colors.  She pointed to a blue pen and said, what color is that?  Lainey didn't know the name so she said, "It's the same color as the ocean."  Creative answer, but it showed me that I need to get my butt in gear and teach her more color names.
Lainey stats:
Height -38"/16%
Weight -33 lbs/33%
 
Ellie stats: she jumped on the scale after Lainey so I know that her weight is 30 pounds.  Twenty-one months younger, but only three pounds lighter than Alaina.
I didn't manage to get a picture of Lizzie, but here are her stats: 
Height - 4'2"/22%
Weight - 55 lbs/19%
(Those above percentages are from the doc, when I put the numbers into an online calculator Lizzie's percentages were 15% for height and 18% for weight)

1 comment:

Megan said...

oh wow, such shorties, lol! At her 9 year checkup (6 months ago), Karly was 7 inches taller than Liz. She's probably grown a couple more since then too!

Contributors