Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The last few days (or so) . . .

FRIDAY- After noticing that sometimes Lainey danced with Ellie in the corner of the classroom, the dance teacher said that Lainey was welcome to participate in dance class well.  She said something along the lines of, "then I won't be dancing out there all by myself" which actually happens quite a lot in a two-year-old class.  So, now till the classes end, Lainey gets to be in two dances classes each week, hers and Ellie's and hopefully Ellie will participate more with her sister by her side.
I can't say that Ellie participated in class any more last week with Lainey in the mix, but I at least felt like I was getting my money's worth.  Our other big moments that day were Lizzie's dental appointment and her school's fall fiesta.  Liz had to have some work on a back molar that had not formed properly (crumbly tooth) and since she gets so anxious with stuff like this we opted for laughing gas.  Good thing too because she was pretty nervous about the gas--started silently crying as soon as she got in the chair.  The gas made all the difference--I love that stuff--and it's fancier than when I was a kid because I'm pretty sure I never got to pick the scent of my laughing gas.
Sadly, the outdoor Fall Fiesta was met with a torrential down pour.  I was working the food table which was under a covered walkway, but Ellie was in an ergo on my back and as every now and then as people came through the line they'd say, "um, your baby is getting rained on."  Oops.

SATURDAY - AMCAP Conference (Association of Mormon Counselors and Psychotherapists--I'm not a member, but I love that I can go to these things).  Really wonderful.  I just wish they were longer or more often (honestly, I schedule around this event).  In the afternoon I went to see Lizzie play soccer for the first time this season (she only has two more games left).  See how happy she is to see me with my camera:
Mostly I dealt with these two so Drew could focus on coaching:
Lainey said she was "a massage chair."  She had Liz sit in her lap, then proceeded to pound on Lizzie's back.
We finished off Saturday at our Stake's pioneer celebration.  It was really something special.  More on that later. 
 
MONDAY - I took the girls to Burke Nursery's Pumpkin Playground.  It was fun, but smaller than I remember it (last time I went was with Lizzie's preschool class) and it's weekday price is the same as Cox Farms, $9.  When we first got there my friend, Megan, and I commented on the size and wondered if the kids would even last an hour.  Three hours later we had to drag them away.  Still, I think I'll head to Cox Farm on November 5th since Liz is out of school.  Best thing about the pumpkin playground was Ellie and Lainey went down the slides on their own!
 
TUESDAY - Today I took my first turn teaching Lainey's preschool class.  It went well.  I like the Mother Goose Curriculum so much more than the Joy School curriculum that we used last year.

No comments:

Contributors