Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Julie in Town

My sister, Julie, came to help.  She dealt with the kids in the morning so I could sleep in a bit or at least nurse in private.  She cleaned, she let me nap, she made us meals, she played with the kids, she bathed the kids, she sewed, and she kept me company.  It was awesome.
 Julie's little daughter Hazel came with her.  It was really fun to spend time with this niece because the only other time I was able to see her was during last October's "girls trip."  My girls also liked meeting their cousin for the first time.  When they left Liz was especially sad to see Hazel go.
Lainey and Ellie loved to have Hazel join them at bath time.  I loved that when Julie bathed my girls she also did their hair while they were still in the tub (so efficient).
Julie helped me finish off a comforter cover I'd started making for Liz awhile ago.  She also made an adorable baby blanket for Emma (just as she's done for my other girls). 
Another thing Julie did while she was in town, was show me how to glue a bow to my baby's head.  She seemed a little surprised that I hadn't bothered to try this until my fourth daughter.
I was so, so sad to see Julie go.
 

3 comments:

Wendi said...

Ah, sisters are the best! This is why I hope I have a girl this time!! I can imagine Jordan going to help when her little sister has a baby.

Anonymous said...

I sound way cooler when you write about it. I had a lot of fun getting to know the girls better and hanging out with you. It was a great trip

Julie said...

Awwww! two awesome sisters!

Contributors