Saturday, August 31, 2013

Summer fun after the baby . . .

After I got over the initial new baby adjustment, we managed to get to some fun summer activities such as:

Mini golf, the kiddie train, and a carosel ride at Burke Lake.
Lainey was pretty frusterated at the begining, but I coached her a bit and her attitude improved.  It's kind of funny that I was the one giving her pointers since I was the only one that lost a ball in the bushes.  Actually I lost four balls (and that's not counting the ones I hit into the bushes, but was able to retrieve).  I also got a hole in one, but didn't realize it at first because I was so used to looking in the bushes for my balls.
About a second after I took the following picture Ellie had Lainey in a headlock.  Apparently that was her way of communicating to me that she wanted a picture all by herself.
We visited the National Arboretum.  Next time I'll bring a beach ball for the kids to send down the fountain.
We finally took Lainey to Build a Bear to make her Christmas present from Nana and Papa.  She LOVED it!
I survived Activity Girls day camp.  It was actually more manageable than I thought it would be with a three week old (and two preschoolers).  All the activity girls seemed to have fun and I really enjoyed working with my new co-leader. Day 1 was fun/games (minute-to-win-its and relays), Day 2 was service projects (wash the nursery toys and feed the sister missionaries), and Day 3 was a field trip (water park, I didn't go).
We also went to a few library events: Mexican folk dancing, Bollywood dancing, and a magic show.
Fashion shows (with wardrobe and makeup changes by Lizzie):
 
 
 
Kids night at Silver Diner:
Also, we hit some water parks, Lizzie participated in a book club, the whole family spent a week at the beach, and we finished off the summer with a day at the Rennaisance Festival.

No comments:

Contributors