Monday, December 16, 2013

December birthday

Drew's birthday was last Friday.  We celebrated by eating Chinese takeout and going to the movies (by we, I mean Drew, his brother, and me).  We saw the Hobbit.  I thought it dragged in parts (also I didn't need the 20+ minutes of previews), but overall it was an enjoyable show. Of course,  I didn't know that the movie was a three-parter so I was a little surprised when it just ended right in the middle of a lot of action. 
Andrew opted for a tub of his favorite icecream instead of cake.  I thought it was a nice change.  Definitely easier to prepare and the leftovers were easier to save.  The girls liked it too.
To help celebrate the girls made a birthday banner for their father.  They also begged to get presents for him at the store.  Liz picked out some candy and a contact lens case that was decorated like a panda.  Alaina picked out crayons in the shape of gingerbread men.  I picked out Drew's favorite candy for Ellie and Emma to give their dad (so he could take it to the movie) 

No comments:

Contributors