Thursday, December 5, 2013

Williamsburg, Day 1

The day after Thanksgiving we headed to Williamsburg.  Lots of work, lots of fun (familiar story with kids though).  I think Drew ended up doing more work than me though.  Lainey and Ellie both wanted him to carry them (pretty much constantly).
It was our third time in Williamsburg this year.  We're trying to see everything there before our annual passes expire in the spring.  I'd say we could finish up in a weekend or two, depending on our pace.  We take it slow, we linger, we follow parades.
The kids earned a (fake/replica) coin at the Geddy house.  Liz was pretty excited about it.  Turns out she thought it was a real coin and that she'd be able to spend it in one of the shops.
We stayed in my brother-in-law, Dan's, house (he was away for the holiday).  It was much better than driving round trip in the same day like we have had to during our previous visits.  Also it had a huge back yard for the kids to run in (and also insist daddy explore with them).
The natural, plant-based decor was very beautiful (also, the main reason that I wanted to go to Williamsburg during the holiday season).   I totally want one of these wreaths for my door next year.

No comments:

Contributors