Monday, December 9, 2013

Performances

Last week the girls had several performances (that we had/got to attend). First, was Lizzie's choral concert.  The little girls and I actually attended two of her three performances and we loved them all (in fact the Lainey and Ellie are still singing one of songs they heard).
Next, Alaina and Ellie had their last dance class, the last part of which was a mini performance for the moms.  Only Lainey participated, Ellie just played on the sidelines (though she did participate in the class photos).  I suppose she's too young for a dance class.  Lainey, on the other hand, was totally adorable and really into the performance.  She doesn't want to continue with the class in January (I'm sad).
Finally, we had the little girl's Preschool Christmas program. Obviously if it would have occurred to me that Ellie would sit with her legswide open, occassionally even flapping her dress, I would have put on a longer dress or at least tights.  At one point one of the teachers told Ellie to pull her dress down and sit properly (which she did for about two minutes).
After the performance there was time for pictures to come forward and take pictures (we had the same thing at Lizzie's show). Ellie immediately jumped up, ran to me, and hugged me.  Then, she went back to sitting inappropriately (until I intervened).
Aside from singing with everyone, Lainey got to participate in the bell choir.  I thought it would just be some kids shaking jingle bells during a song, but it was a group of five little girls playing an actual song.
After the show I tried to get a cute shot of the girls together.  As soon as I snapped on picture Lainey said, "Um, so, can we go to the bathroom now?"  So, rather than taking pictures until we got a "good one" we booked it back upstairs to the restroom.  Ahh, kids.  Such an adventure.

No comments:

Contributors