Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Last Straw . . .

Last night, on my way to pick up Drew in Arlington, I missed my exit. When I tried to right myself I became hopelessly lost. I found myself at National airport twice, Shirlington, Crystal City, and the wrong way on a one-way street before I finally found a way back onto the north-bound freeway and to the appropriate exit. The whole thing wouldn't have been so bad if my cell phone wasn't dead. As it was I was over an hour late to pick up Andrew and missed a visiting teaching appointment.

Andrew was not amused (in part because I missed the exit in the first place because I was talking on my almost-dead cell phone thereby distracting myself and using up the remainder of my precious battery). He said it was "the last straw" and on the way home he insisted that we purchase a GPS for me. I have been resisting this for years, but I'm not sure why. So far I like GPS.

8 comments:

DC Diva said...

GPS=great buy. We LOVE ours.

THE GREEN MandMS said...

We love ours if he go any were beyond our regular places out comes the GPS.

Wendi said...

So did you get a lecture when you finally made it to pick Andrew up? I can just picture it:)
I can just imagine how annoyed he was to insist on getting a GPS on the way home...better not call him at work for directions anymore. HeHeHe!!

I bet the next thing he insists on is a car cell phone charger!!

Oh, Darin got lost for an hour trying to get home from Burke Lake on Friday-it was all I could do to not laugh...

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

If they ever make cell phones that NEVER run out of batteries, you and I should be the first on the list. :)

Marcy said...

Our GPS is the best thing ever!!! Also, if you need a car charger for your cell phone, we can get you a good one for a really good price!

Jessica said...

Jill, what a night! I'm sorry to have called just as you were supposed to take that exit! Thanks for sharing pizza at Costco--lets do that every month! Yay for GPS!

Ryann said...

Funny. I never wanted a GPS in the states. In fact, I returned the one that Terry bought me. But it is a necessity out here. Glad you got one!

Julie Broadbent said...

YEAH! I think this is great! I can't believe Andrew has waited this long to get it for you. I love you, but you need a GPS. :)

Contributors