Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Oops

This afternoon I took Liz and her friend, Adrienne, to Lake Accotink park for a playdate. Things started out good with the girls running in the sand and building "snowmen" out of mud, then they asked if they could put their feet in the water. Sure. I was busy feeding Alaina and watching her play in the sand and before I knew it the girls were flinging mud and Liz was up to her waist in the murky water (wearing white shorts, naturally). As we left, a park worker said we should not be in the water because it's dirty because blah, blah, blah. I can't remember exactly what she said but I got the impression that the water was toxic or otherwise unhealthy and I felt pretty guilty for letting the girls play in it so much (or at all).

Alaina loved playing in the sand. I was happy to see that she does not have the same issues Lizzie did. . . . Today, after some coaxing from Drew, Lainey picked up a Cheerio and popped it into her mouth. We were absurdly excited about it. It's so funny what you get excited about as a parent.



Last night we enjoyed a night at the Potomac Nationals game:


1 comment:

Lea said...

It was so good to see you at the game on Monday. Glad you guys had a good time. Since I have been out of the blog world for a little while...I just saw the pics of the girls in matching outfits. LOVE THEM!! :)

Contributors