Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Hurray!

Lizzie is back in school today. Hurray! She has only gone four days in the last three weeks thanks to "teacher prep days," snow days, and the two days I took her out of school (pre-snow) to visit Nana.

I'm so glad the endless cancellations seem to finally be over. Just in time too. Yesterday to fill up another day I took Liz to see the latest Alvin and the Chipmunks movie, then I picked up a friend for Lizzie to play with at home. They played well and barely even made a mess--or so it seemed.

When it was time to go I noticed that the girls had opened a bean bag pillow and purposely spread the stuffing all over floor. They said they were sorry, but immediately started giggling (even when I set them both to vacuuming). Lizzie also had a hard time keeping a straight face hours later when she described her crime to Andrew.

She was pretty sorry though when she had to sleep in a bed filled miniature bean bag beads. She actually removed her pillowcase and put her feet in it so she could fall asleep without feeling the sand-like stuffing between her toes. Ahhh, natural consequences.

Now what is the natural consequences of drawing with pen on your winter coat? I thought it would having an ugly coat but Lizzie thinks it looks nice.

No comments:

Contributors