Monday, June 20, 2011

Hip Hop Dance Recital

Liz had her hiphop dance recital over the weekend. Drew and I were super impressed with her. It was so cute and she did so well. I hope she wants to continue next year because we really enjoyed it. I like her current studio (Dancesensations) much better than her last one (Chris Collins).

Pros: it's closer to our new home, more laid back, only has recitals on Saturdays, is located in a strip mall so I can get the girls Subway sandwiches and go grocery shopping during class, there was no pressure to sale ads for the recital program, dance pictures were on a Saturday (easily skipped) instead of during a regularly scheduled (and paid for) dance class, and I didn't have to committ to the recital until about March (as opposed to October).

Cons: the studio didn't let us know the recital schedule until about two weeks out and I didn't hear about class pictures until about four days prior, both of which caused scheduling conflicts. Also, at the recital I noticed that one of the older hip hop classes danced to a song with profanity. Not cool.

No comments:

Contributors