Thursday, June 16, 2011

Last Saturday

Last weekend was busy. Saturday was especially packed and, unfortunately Drew was gone all that day and the next for training (for work, not ski patrol).

After dropping my kids off at two different babysitters went to a local tea house for my friend, Rachael's, baby shower. So fun. Loved the scones and sweet cream, loved cucumber sandwiches, can't wait to take Lizzie back. I had to leave the shower early so I could pick up Liz at her last soccer game of the season. I was a little late which was especially embarrassing because I had the snack. Special thanks to Megan who not only babysat Lizzie before the game and carted her to said game, but also delivered my half-time snack for me.Liz really enjoyed soccer and is looking forward to continuing with it in the fall. This is a huge improvement over last time. We pretty much forced her to sign up before to comply with our "one sport, one art rule." After I got Liz, I raced to my friend Celia's place to pick up the little girls. Not only did Celia graciously agree to watch Alaina and Gabrielle, but she volunteered to take them to the pool. That's quite a feat and I was super impressed. When we were about to leave, Celia handed me the girl's bag and told me not to think that they didn't go swimming because the clothing was clean and dry. Turns out she went ahead and washed the girls things for me. So nice.

We went home and lingered for almost an hour (I made the girls have "nap/quiet" time), then it was off to Lizzie's school for the "Blast Off" for summer fun fair. Ellie and I worked a bake sale booth for an hour while Liz watched Alaina. Then we all roamed around together for a couple hours. Skills to work on the summer: hula hoop and limbo. My kids really struggled with the limbo concept. The school got really hot by the end of the fair (it actually felt better outside than it did inside). Alaina spent the last half hour standing in front of fan while Liz happily used up her sister's game tickets. Andrew was able to come for maybe the last 15 minutes. Pretty much he was there in time to assess Lainey when she fell into a table (got a goose egg and small cut on the back of her head).

1 comment:

Becky Barnes Heywood said...

sounds busy and fun at the same time.

Contributors