Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First Day of third grade

I think the morning went pretty well considering Liz didn't wake up till a little after 8 a.m. and school started at 8:55. We were late, but only by a minute. Also, I maybe didn't dress her warm enough for a chilly, rainy day. Oh well. The other snag was I also forgot Lizzie's backpack and school forms (which I have yet to fill out).The flowers are left over from Lainey's birthday party last weekend.After we dropped Liz off the little ones and I headed to Chuck E. Cheese for a little fun. Turns out if you're the first one there in the morning you can collect gobs of tickets from the machines after the workers test them. Alaina nabbed 180 tickets and we didn't even grab everything we saw. It worked great because Laines and Ellie were pretty much just interested in the rides, but they were still able to get a piece of candy at the end.She's kissing her reflection (much like she kisses all her toys).So far the post Chuck E. Cheese day has been rocky. I struggled to get Ellie and Lainey to nap. Our numerous attempts left all of us feeling frustrated to say the least. Meal times were typical, which means Ellie threw lots of food on the floor and Alaina frequently asked me to turn on music so she could dance instead of eat. Still, I managed to get some of our weekend mess cleaned up. I swear I feel like every Monday (which is what today feels like) I spend most of my time playing catch up from the weekend.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Lizzie looks beautiful in these photos!

Contributors