Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Prego Updates

I hit 28 weeks yesterday.  So far, so good.  I'm already high risk thanks to my "advanced maternal age" and history of premature delivery and stillbirth, but this pregnancy has it's own issues.  Doc report: "Placenta maintains an abnormal echotexture, with multiple lakes and areas suspicious for intrachorionic bleeds . . . The uteroplacental blood flow is abnormal."  Awesome.  So far it hasn't been a problem since at my last sonogram the baby measured at 60%, but the docs are going to keep their eye on me and possibly induce early.

As far as baby prep goes I think the main thing we need to do it pick a name, or at least narrow the list.  I gave away my baby name books years ago, so this time around I just combined all our old lists so we'd have a starting point.  When I look at some of the names and think, how did this end up on our list?  But, I left them on just in case Andrew had originally liked them.  We started with 87 names.

Initial cut: Adeline, Alessandra, Amara, Anastasia, Annalise, Antoinette, Anya, Camille (Camilla, Kamilah), Cassandra, Charlotte, Eleanor, Ellen, Fiona, Isaura, Jadyn, Jasmine, Jocelyn, Jolie, Josephine, Laura, Leisel, Madeline, Malita, Margaret (Maggie), Mariska, Marissa, Maya, Mary, Mia, Nadia, Naomi, Odessa, Odette, Oksana, Olena, Olivia, Paloma, Phaedra, Rabiah, Roxanne, Sabine/a, Sadie, Sadira, Scarlett, Selma, Shoshanna, Sidney, Simone, Sophia, Svetlana, Tamish, Tamsin, Tatiana, Tatum, Teresa, Tierney, Tierra, Titania, Tobi/Tobianne, Valentina, Valeska, Valette, Victoria/Tori, Viveca, Yvette, Zahara.  

I was sad to see Camille/a and Josephine go, but Drew made it clear that he would endlessly veto them.

Next cut: Ada/Adah, Annika, Ava/Eva, Genevieve, Gwyneth, Gwendolyn, Katya, Larissa, Lauren, Laila, Lydia, Malina, Melissa, Mila, Natalie/Natalia.

I was sad to see Lydia and Laila cut (two of my absolute favorites), but Drew was adamant.

No comments:

Contributors