Saturday, May 18, 2013

The Great Outdoors

I tried to take advantage of the nice weather while we had it (seriously, we didn't even turn on our AC once in April!).  We picnicked, played in friend's backyards, at local parks, and on our street with the neighbors.  Unfortunately we've pulled three ticks of Ellie in the past month.  Three!  Andrew, Lizzie, and Alaina have never had one.  I had my one and only tick at the age of 31.  And before she hits three, Ellie get three?!  Now that the weather is becoming crummy and I'm becoming a little tick-phobic we'll be spending more time indoors (or in pools).  

Ellie and Lainey put on a show at the Lee Rec ampitheater.  Ellie was some sort of monsters that chased Lainey around (not far off from our everyday lives, really).
We survived Lizzie track and field day (the only 80+ day sandwiched between weeks in the 60s and 70s).  I kept the little girls busy with snow cones and a bottle of nail polish.
Ellie and I spent the nice-weather day (nice weather according to me, some complained of the cold) at Huntley Meadows.  It was nice to do something just the two of us and I was surprised how much she held my hand (usually she runs ahead of/away from me).

No comments:

Contributors