Thursday, May 30, 2013

Random updates on Ellie's sisters

At the shoe store Liz begged for heels.  I initially refused to let her have any heeled shoes because, frankly, I think they look really weird on little kids.  At one point during the discussion I said that when I let her start wearing shoes they would be wedges.  So she tried on wedges and started begging for those.  I took a shot of her in the wedges and texted them to Drew thinking he'd say absolutely not.  His response was "those are cute, get them."  I was a little surprised.  When Andrew noticed that Liz had worn (clear) lipgloss to church he frowned and said "I don't like that."  Anyway, Liz got the wedges.  Lainey begged for some too, but she had no chance.  I think heels and even wedges on girls her age make them look like pageant kids.
Lainey toilet trained late (last July, just two months before she turned four).  I was frustrated that it took so long, and continued to be frustrated that she had frequent accidents after that.  One day, completely exasperated, I told her that the next time she peed in her panties she would have to change into pants instead of a dress.  She hates to wear pants (dissolving into tears if we insist on it) so I thought this would be a good incentive/punishment to avoid.  However, when I tried the pants punishment she said, "These are cute!  I like pants now!"  So that totally failed, but it was fun to see how surprised people were to see her in pants.

No comments:

Contributors