Sunday, January 19, 2014

Days 15, 16, &17/Our Trip Wraps Up

Day 15 - The New Year.  The kids had gone to sleep at 1 a.m., Drew and I were asleep by 3 a.m.  Happily for everyone involved we all slept in till 11 a.m. (not sure the kids have ever let us do that before). 
 
In the evening we went to dinner at the home of Drew's high school friends and afterwards we drove by his childhood home (and we both felt super nostalgic).
 
Day 16 - Drew took Liz skiing and I hung at Dan's house with the little girls.  In the evening we enjoyed a fondue dinner (an exciting first for Lainey and Ellie).
Day 17 - We drove past my childhood homes (again, lots of nostalgia), then headed to the airport.  On the way Liz took some mountain shots (not sure why we didn't get around to it earlier).
The flight back was a little more difficult than the flight out because Ellie was grumpy and her ears hurt her.  Luckily the flight was a whole hour shorter and Drew was with us. 
Getting back to normal life was more of an adjustment than I thought it would be.  Drew had ski patrol that weekend so he was gone (we got home at 2 a.m., he left for the slopes at 4:30 a.m.--that's commitment).  I figured we would just unpack and adjust to the time zone that weekend.  Well, I managed the first thing.  Getting back on schedule sleep-wise took over a week (lucky for us school was cancelled one day and had two hour delays twice).
 
The girls opening their Papa gifts:
 Ellie spun in circles, singing "Merry Christmas to me!  Merry Christmas to me!"

No comments:

Contributors