Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Days 6, 7, & 8 CHRISTMAS!

Monday/Day 6 - Holiday shopping (thanks to my parents who babysat my three oldest kids).  I bought stocking stuffers and a baby doll for Ellie.  I left the doll to do in Utah because I thought it would be easy.  Turns out, not so easy.  Ellie requested a very specific doll: blue eyes, brown hair like her, and polka dot pajamas.  I did my best (mostly focusing on the hair request).  When I got back from my errands I asked Ellie if she wanted a baby doll with hair painted on or hair she could brush.  She said "real hair, hair I can brush."  So, the opposite of what I purchased.  Argh!

Tuesday/Day 7 - CHRISTMAS EVE!  Drew flew in which was wonderful.  What wasn't wonderful was that he had forgotten to bring Lizzie's present with him.  So at 5 a.m. on the 24th I ordered a replacement Kindle from Best Buy and then I got to join the crowds for my in-store pick up.  Thankfully Nana saved my butt that morning and picked up a baby doll with brushable hair and a polka dot dress (so she got everything but the blue eyes).

The evening was lovely: dinner with my parents, my brother, and sister's family; the drive-through holiday lights at Thanksgiving Point; late-night present wrapping and stocking stuffing with Dan's fam.  Quite nice.

Wednesday/Day 8 - CHRISTMAS!  The girls basically let us sleep to a decent time (about 8 a.m.) because they actually read the books Santa left in their beds.  Wwell, Liz read to Lainey, Ellie cried because she thought Santa only brought her a book.  Anyway, the girl's teenage cousins enjoyed watching them rip through their presents.  Afterwards, we all enjoyed a leisurely, delicious breakfast thanks to Dan and Jenn.  Then, we laid around for a bit, and watched Despictable Me 2 (Christmas gift) while I haphazardly packed for the Barnes Family Reunion.  Finally, it was off to Carrie's for dinner with the Nielson clan.

Nielson family:
I like Drew's creepy monster face.
Dinner, gift exchange, family time:

No comments:

Contributors