Monday, January 6, 2014

Utah trip: Days 1 & 2

We spent Christmas in Utah this year and it was so much fun!  The girls were super excited about the snow and we were all glad to spend time with family.
 
I flew out with the girls about a week before Drew and happily the kids were wonderful on the flight (it helped that a lone baby two rows up was horrible).  The flight attendants kept complimenting my girls behavior and my preparation when they passed by (again, I think it was because of the kid two rows ahead of us).  
 
Anywho, Trip Day #1: arrive in SLC, lunch at City Creek Mall with my SIL, the Scared Gifts art exhibit at BYU featuring Carl Bloch, Heinrich Hofmann, and Frans Schwartz.  The exhibit was especially cool.  None of the girls wanted to go initially, but they all enjoyed it once we were there (thanks to the iPads I was able to rent), and I thought it was really cool to see such amazing art in person.  The little girls and I pretty much crashed after this (I was asleep by 8:30), but Liz tried to attend her cousin's band concert and fell asleep before he even played.  In her defense she was up by 3:30 a.m. Utah time and the concert started at 8 p.m.
Day #2: Sadly my DC-time-girls got up at 5 a.m.  5 a.m.!!!  It was painful.  The girlies had a very full morning of sledding before we made it to a mid-morning "lunch" at Costco and the movie Frozen.  The girls were super excited to see it in 3D.  Midway through the pre-movie short Lainey leaned over and asked, "is this really happening?"  I'm pretty sure it was her first 3D experience and it was so worth it.  More than two weeks later Ellie is still singing "let it go, let it go .  .  ."  After the movie we played at the mall area (big hit with the girls) and went to my sister's house for dinner. 

No comments:

Contributors