Thursday, May 22, 2008

Pony Play House

We have been reading Lizzie Fancy Nancy books lately (upon my a friend Tiffany's very appropriate suggestion). They are about a little girl who is the only fancy one in her family and her related struggles. Lizzie can sympathize. She often gets frustrated with me because I will not leave my church dress on all day and sometimes she insists that I put on "pretty" clothes before I come to her tea parties. In one of the books we noticed Nancy had made a dog house for her toy dog. We decided to make a pony house for Elizabeth's ponies. I don't normally do a lot of crafts with her, but this was fun and I'm glad we used up some of the silver wrapping paper that I've been storing the last few years. Lizzie was a little worn out after all our building and playing so she cuddled up with Andrew.
Other updates: last weekend we went to a DC restaurant named Lima. It was delicious! I especially liked the creme brulee (my favorite dessert). The only bummer was that we didn't feel like we were dressed hip enough and we felt especially lame when the valet pulled up with our mini van after dinner. It was our last night out for our babysitting co-op. We had done it nearly three years and were very sad it ended. It will be hard to go from the possibility of three free babysitting nights a month to none.

3 comments:

Codi said...

That is sad! I was always jealous of your babysitting co-op.

Chanda said...

Maeve ADORES Fancy Nancy. I'm glad Lizzie is into them now. They're perfect for her. Maeve is also pretty disgusted with my lack of fanciness. She asked me the other day if I was really going to wear those pants . . . because they're brown. Sheesh.

flem-fam said...

Hahahaha!!!! The minivan at the valet! That made me laugh so hard a tear rolled out!

Contributors