Monday, May 12, 2008

Change of plans

Today my original plan was to take Lizzie to the Washington Monument despite the downpour (I reserved tickets a month ago after all). Before we headed downtown I decided to take Liz to IHOP for breakfast. Unfortunately, shortly after our food arrived the restaurant was evacuated because of a mercury spill (I don't know how or why this happened).

We walked out the door just as a couple fire engines rounded the corner. Liz completely freaked out when she saw them. She became somewhat hysterical--screaming and trying to run in the opposite direction. I was eventually able to drag her to the van where she finally calmed down. Turns out along with being frightened by the sirens, Lizzie thought the fire fighters were actually coming to start a fire.

Anyway, we ended up spending (what felt like) a big chunk of time waiting in our car for the hazmat team to arrive and wave some sort of indicator wand under our shoes at which point Liz again freaked out and started crying. Once we were cleared to go I went to my OBGYN because I am now beyond paranoid about this pregnancy. When I got there everyone was very reassuring and I heard a heartbeat and everything so I'm glad I went.
The following video clip is a snippet of Drew and Elizabeth wrestling/playing before dinner (one of Lizzie's favorite activities). In this clip Andrew is trying to flip her off the "bucking bronco." At first this was easy, but Liz got pretty good at holding on. I love the leotard. She reminds me of a baby WWF girl.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That's crazy! A mercury spill? What an eventful morning.

Horsley5 said...

Just wait until there's more than more to throw around (see Redneck Workout on my blog) - it's more fun the more kids are in the mix!

Contributors